International visitors will be barred from entering Indonesia for two weeks in a bid to stem the spread of a new potentially more contagious strain of the coronavirus, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said, Reuters reports.
The new regulation, effective Jan. 1, comes days after Indonesia banned travelers from the UK and tightened rules for those arriving from Europe and Australia to limit the new strain's spread.
Earlier this year, Indonesia banned all tourists, but some exemptions have been made for business travelers.
The new regulation applies to all foreign visitors except for high-level government officials, she said.
Indonesian authorities returned to discussions on banning alcohol in the country, NEWS.ru reported earlier.