Sports

UFC Jon Jones goes online denying domestic violence charges

17:17, 14 October 2021
UFC Jon Jones goes online denying domestic violence charges Photo: Wikimedia

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, clarified what had happened the night before his subsequent arrest on charges of battery domestic violence, and injury.


On Wednesday, Jones went online into social media to unfold what was behind his arrest at the end of September, after he had been inducted into UFC’s Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. The fighter said that he has never beaten his fiancee, Jessie Moses, deprecating the police report regarding the incident, which reads that Jones’ beloved was in blood and “scared to even talk about Jonathan.”

“I love how people are imagining the worst possible situation in their heads and making it somehow factual. I never hit my fiance and our daughters were woken up after our confrontation. My daughters didn’t see or hear us arguing.”

The following tweet was his first direct address concerning what happened on the evening of September 24. It is believed, Jones resorted to physical force against his fiance, which led to his arrest on charges of misdemeanor battery domestic violence, felony injuring, and tampering with a vehicle.

The police report also reads that Jones’ youngest child pleaded security to “call the cops.” Replying to this, Jones said that his daughters didn’t eyewitness the quarrel between him and Moses.

Jones proceeded:

“That’s really the only thing I care to clarify.. outside of that, looking forward to moving forward without alcohol. It’s the first time in my life where I’m actually ready to quit. Glad to have the support of my fiance, family friends, and fans.”

The very first action from Jones after the arrest was his sharing a video on Instagram, where both Jones and Moses, days after the unpleasant event, were sitting in the car smiling and Jones kissed her. However, later, the video has been deleted for an unknown reason. He also posted a video of him lifting weights with numerous text captions in one of which he pledged to quit drinking.

Wednesday’s statements came following his coach Mike Winklejohn’s appearance on “The MMA Hour,” where Jones’ mentor said that UFC’s Hall of Famer has been banned from Jackson Wink MMA, where Jones had been preparing for the fights since 2009 until he could prove he has settled all his problems. 

Several hours after Jones’ arrest, the President of the UFC, Dana White shared his commentary in the interview regarding Jones’ misdemeanor saying that he wasn’t surprised about what had happened, adding that “this city is not good for Jones and here we are again.”